How to Manage Your Team Using Redbooth
This is part of my How To Start And Run An Ecommerce Company Step By Step blueprint. The first part.
Sooooooooo…… Redbooth is free up to 5 users. There are other team management programs you can use.
If you are managing a coding team and you are coder yourself – try gitlab.com
If you are a person who isn’t a coder but wants to manage a team larger than 5 people AND you have money – try basecamp.com
If you are a person who isn’t a coder but wants to manage a team of 5 people or less BECAUSE you have less money (ie. broke) – I would go with redbooth.com HANDS DOWN, YO.
I know, I know, you are probably wondering, “WHAT IS SO SPECIAL ABOUT REDBOOTH?!”
To which I will say… calm down. Yo. Let me thoroughly explain:
1) Redbooth is WONDERFUL to manage tasks because you can reference your team with an “@” sign, just like twitter, within a task, and it will not only update the message with a time stamp within redbooth BUT it will also send a notification email to your team mate you are referencing. And THIS is where it is valuable. Email notifications simply gets NOTICED! Having the cumbersome duty of visiting the actual website is no longer necessary. The trick is…you can reply to the email notification within your own email and it will update on redbooth as well. Crazy, eh? This saves tons and tons of time.
Below is a screen shot from a project I am working on:
2) Everyone in the project can see EVERYTHING and can see who is referencing who. You can also privatize tasks as well to a few viewers or only yourself. This allows for privacy as well as the ability for everyone to have an overall look at the project in one glance. I highly recommend switching the view to COLUMNS from LIST view because it makes everything more absorb-able (like osmosis!).
- How to BEST use this feature is to have tasks with the big picture in mind:
- Customer Support, Sales, Website Design, Website Coding, Content, Admin Username and Passwords, Finance.
3) Since the search function is incredibly fast it will be better than wading through your email. You can assign a task. Connected to a task are essential things:
- Privacy – you can assign who can see the task.
- Integrations – you can connect google documents, dropbox, box, or upload a document from your computer.(To use all integrations you need to upgrade… but attachments are accessible with the free membership).
- Time tracking – you can put in how many hours the task took you to finish or how long it took for you to assign the task.
- Assigning the task – you can assign it to a team member and they will get an email notification of the due date as well as all the details within the task AND the attachments IN THEIR EMAIL as well as on Redbooth. THIS IS SO USEFUL.
So why is it good to use over others?
It makes the experience of managing a team, keeping up with deadlines, knowing a task is associated to what project and there is a cookie crumb trail for you CLEARLY DISPLAYED so you can backtrack a task to its origin quite easily, knowing who said what and where and WHEN (everything is time stamped), and being able to see the big picture by a mere GLANCE with the task view.
I am a fan of Redbooth because it makes sense. A lot of thought went into creating this software that is user friendly and intuitively makes sense for me – their consumer.
If you have any questions about Redbooth do not hesitate to ask.
On a personal update:
Went to King King in Hollywood to celebrate my friend Brandon’s bday!